Thursday, May 24, 2012

This Chapter is Done!

Today is my last day of teaching for the year.  I have thought a lot about this past year and all it was.  This was a tough year professionally and personally.  Professionally speaking there was a lot on my plate (what teacher doesn't?) and I branched out with new ideas and projects.  Through all the insomnia and sweat, I am prepared to finish this year on a good note.  August sits just before me and I am truly excited about everything that I am working on for next year.  That's the funny part of teaching for me; I am so extremely exhausted at the end of the year but there is this small flame inside of me that is ready to start the next school year.  It is excitement mixed with ambivalence and uncertainty.  Last days are interesting.  I am ready to kick my shoes off, work in my garden and sip some cold beverages (of the adult variety) and just relax.  However there is a lot to tackle this summer in terms of lesson planning,  and writing my world history e-text.  That aside, I'm one happy person.

No comments:

Post a Comment